Possible bug encountered when running mods from the official modpacks of www.technicpack.net (Tekkit, Hexxit etc).
When creating a new instance and starting a new Minecraft server using a number of the official modpacks from Technic Pack (www.technicpack.net), the server will report in the notification area in the bottom right 'Starting Server...' - this becomes stuck approx a quarter of the way through. However, the server does actually start and people are able to connect successfully. It is as though whatever 'server is now started' signal AMP is waiting for to confirm the server is started is never actually processed.
- The server does start and people can connect, but the AMP Minecraft GUI will still believe that the server has not yet started, so gives no options to stop/sleep or restart the server - the only available option is 'Abort'.
- The server does seem to accurately reflect CPU and RAM, however player count does not increase when a player joins.
- Tested on latest Windows Server 2016 with all updates.
- Downloaded latest version of AMP as of writing.
- Tested with latest versions of Tekkit, Tekkit Lite and Hexxit modpacks from www.technicpack.net
How To Replicate:
- Configure AMP Minecraft instance.
- Download the Tekkit, Tekkit Lite or Hexxit server packs from www.technicpack.net
- Set server configuration in AMP instance to the appropriate modpack from the list above (Tekkit or Tekkit Lite are both listed)
- Extract contents of server ZIP file to Minecraft folder within AMP instance.
- Start server.
- Tested on Windows Server 2016 using the latest version of Tekkit, Tekkit Lite and Hexxit modpacks.
- Attempted to set the modpack in server config to Tekkit, Tekkit Lite.
- Starting an official Minecraft server, everything works as expected. I suspect this issue may only affect legacy (pre 1.7 modpacks).
- Fully reinstalled and redownloaded AMP to a separate directory on the server.
- Ensured the NETWORK SERVICE account had full access to the AMP and AMP Instance folders.
- The same modpacks all work normally on McMyAdmin 2.
Please let me know if I can provide any further relevant information that may assist in troubleshooting. I can provide screenshots or further console outputs if required, but it should be straightforward to replicate with the modpacks listed above from www.technicpack.net.
Appreciate any feedback or assistance anyone may be able to offer.